North Iowa Area Community College, is accepting applications for a part-time Nurse Aide Instructor/Skills Evaluator. Position may include day, evening and week-end hours.
The selected candidate(s) will administer the program in accordance with the Nurse Aide Training Competency Evaluation Program (NATCEP) and will provide instruction for the 75 hour training course for nurses’ aides consisting 45 hours of classroom instruction and 30 hours of clinical instruction in a long term care facility. The selected candidate will also prepare a class schedule adhering to the mandated requirements for the 75 hours of instruction as well as maintaining attendance records and student grades. Additional duties include evaluating candidates for the State of Iowa Nurse Aide Skills Competency Exam.
Ideal candidate will possess the following to succeed as a Certified Nurse Aide (C.N.A.) instructor:
- An Associate degree in Nursing, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must successfully complete the State of Iowa Trainer the Trainer program for the 75 HR CNA Program.
- 2 or more years full-time experience as a RN, with a minimum of 1 year full-time experience as a RN in a long term care facility.
- An active State of Iowa RN license
- Previous teaching experience is preferred
- Strong communication skills along with the ability to promote a positive learning experience for our students.
For further information please call 641-422-4437.