|BCA-215||Computer Business Applications
OR BCA-101 Introduction to Computers and
|BUS-102||Introduction to Business||3 s.h.|
OR BUS-161 Human Relations
OR General Education elective
|MGT-101||Principles of Management*||3 s.h.|
|Business Elective(s)||3 s.h.|
|ACC-111||Introduction to Accounting||3 s.h.|
|BCA-152||Comprehensive Spreadsheets**||3 s.h.|
|BUS-162||Workplace Professionalism+||3 s.h.|
|MGT-170||Human Resource Management||3 s.h.|
|MKT-110||Principles of Marketing||3 s.h.|
|BUS-185||Business Law I||3 s.h.|
|ENG-105||Composition I||3 s.h.|
|Concentration Courses||9 s.h.|
|ENG-106||Composition II***||3 s.h.|
|Concentration Courses||9 s.h.|
|Natural Science/Mathematics Elective(s)||3 s.h.|
|Total Program Hours||60 s.h.|
*Prerequisite: BUS-102 Introduction to Business is recommended.
**Prerequisite: BCA-101 Introduction to Computers and Information Systems or BCA-215 Computer Business Applications.
***Prerequisite: ENG-105 Composition I. with a grade of C or higher.
+If you anticipate achieving a two-year degree, enroll in a Business Elective your first year and BUS-162 Workplace Professionalism your second year, preferably the Fourth Term.Recommended Sport Management Concentration Courses
|BUS-225||Business Internships*||1-5 s.h.|
|MGT-220||Introduction to Sport Management||3 s.h.|
|MGT-221||Current Issues in Sport||3 s.h.|
|PEH-144||Human Movement Science||3 s.h.|
|PEH-191||Sports Nutrition||3 s.h.|
|PEH-221||Introduction to Leisure Services||3 s.h.|
|PET-110||Introduction to Athletic Training||2 s.h.|
*Prerequisites: (1) Students must enroll in and pass BUS-107, Business Careers; (2) Students must have completed and filed an Application for Employment with their Internship Coordinator; and (3) Students must have their proposed experience approved by the Internship Coordinator before they may register and begin.Recommended Business Electives
|BUS-122||Emerging Business Practices and Technologies||3 s.h.|
|BUS-130||Introduction to Entrepreneurship||3 s.h.|
|BUS-152||Creating a Company||3 s.h.|
|BUS-161||Human Relations||3 s.h.|
|BUS-269||Insurance and Risk Management||3 s.h.|
|FIN-100||Introduction to Finance||3 s.h.|
|MKT-140||Principles of Selling||3 s.h.|
|MKT-150||Principles of Advertising||3 s.h.|
*Prerequisite: ACC-111 Introduction to Accounting or ACC-121 Principles of Accounting I.
It’s as easy as 1,2,3!
- Talk to the Business Internship Coordinator or your Counselor to decide when in your college career you should participate in an internship.
- Enroll in and pass Workplace Professionalism (BUS-162).
- Workplace Professionalism is a 3 s.h. course that is a prerequisite to Business Internships ~ it can be taken at any time prior to a Business Internship.
- Upon passing Workplace Professionalism, the student is eligible for a Business Internship (BUS-225).
- Students may register for a Business Internship only when they have located, secured and have had the internship site approved with the Business Internship Coordinator.
- Business Internship credit ranges from 1 s.h. to 5 s.h. ~ this must be determined prior to registering for the course.
All students are highly encouraged to participate in a Business Internship before graduating.