Sample Schedule (2 year plan)
Are you interested in transferring to a four-year college or university and earning a bachelor’s degree? Students may wish to earn an Associate of Arts and apply their studies toward a bachelor’s degree in a business-related field at a four-year college or university. Students need courses that will facilitate their transfer to four-year institutions of their choice. Please consult with a NIACC counselor for assistance in determining a schedule to meet your goal.
The Business Division’s highest priority is to assist students in reaching their individual educational goals. Each instructor is dedicated to providing the highest quality instruction to facilitate this process.First Semester
|ENG-105||Composition I||3 s.h.|
|MAT-210||Calculus I*||4 s.h.|
|BCA-101||Intro to Computers||3 s.h.|
|Humanities Class||3 s.h.|
|SDV-199||College Essentials||1 s.h.|
|ENG-106||Composition II||3 s.h.|
|MAT-216||Calculus II||4 s.h.|
|SOC-110||Intro to Sociology||3 s.h.|
|CHM-166||General Chemistry I & lab||5 s.h.|
|MAT-156||Introduction to Statistics||3 s.h.|
|HIS-112||Western Civ. Ancient to Early OR
HIS-113 West. Civ. Early Mod to Present
|SPC-112||Public Speaking||3 s.h.|
|CHM-176||General Chemistry II & lab||5 s.h.|
|SOC-115||Social Problems||3 s.h.|
|ART-203||Art History I||3 s.h.|
* – Appropriate math level needed before enrolling in any math class. See NIACC catalog for list of General Education courses.
* – BIO-202 & 203 Biology I & II, along with PHY-212 & 222 Classical Physics I & II may also be required depending on your transfer institution. Check on science requirements for transfer.
Note: Please check with transfer institution for their specific requirements or check with a NIACC counselor/advisor for further transfer planning.
- AA Degree requirements are met with this sample schedule.
- The humanities and social science recommendations listed are based on ISU’s computer science general education, diversity & international perspectives requirements. There may be other general education courses that will satisfy both NIACC’s AA requirements and those requirements of your transfer institution.
- AS Degree requirements are also met with 20 or more math and science credits.
- Check with transfer institution for Foreign Language & Diversity Requirements.
- Admission requirements vary from institution to institution. Contact the transfer institution.
- Suggested schedule dependent on entry level of student.
- May also need MAT-219 Calculus III depending on transfer institution