Sample Schedule (2 year plan)First Semester
|ENG-105||Composition Id||3 s.h.|
|SOC-110||Intro to Sociology||3 s.h.|
|EDU-216||Intro to Teachingcd||3 s.h.|
|EDU-219||Field Exper. & Seminarcd||1 s.h.|
|POL-111||American National Gov.||3 s.h.|
|SDV-113||Strategies for Academic Success||2 s.h.|
|SDV-199||College Essentials||1 s.h.|
|ENG-106||Composition IId||3 s.h.|
|HIS-151 OR HIS-152 U.S. History||3 s.h.|
|PSY-121||Developmental Psychology||3 s.h.|
|MAT-156b OR MAT-140 (math option- need one for teacher education)||3 s.h.|
|SPC-112||Public Speaking||3 s.h.|
|ANT-105||Cultural Anthropology||3 s.h.|
|EDU-250||Educ. Technology/Designcd||3 s.h.|
|EDU-235||Children’s Literaturecd||3 s.h.|
|MAT-153||Math for Elem. Teachers Ie||4 s.h.|
|PHS-142 OR PHY-162b OR CHM-151b
Fulfils Phys. Sci. requirement
|PSY-281||Educational Psychology||3 s.h.|
|BIO-102||Intro to Biology||3 s.h.|
|EDU-246||Including Diverse Learnersc d||3 s.h.|
|MAT-154||Math for Elem. Teach IIe||4 s.h.|
|HIS-112 OR HIS-113 Western Civ.||4 s.h.|
|General Education Electives-Take coursein area of specialization (see ISU site)||3 s.h.|
b – See math test scores or prerequisites needed to enroll.
c – Keep all course artifacts and papers as needed/helpful for future ISU coursework.
d – Grade of C or better needed.
e – Grade of C- or better needed.
- The Iowa Department of Education is requiring changes in the Teacher Education programs. Keep informed of these changes at the ISU website.
- A minimum 2.5 GPA is required for acceptance into the Teacher Education Program which is in the College of Human Sciences.
- ISU has two required courses (no equivalent at NIACC) before you can enter the Literary Blocks for Teacher Education curriculum in junior & senior year. Plan to take a summer schedule of classes or add one more semester to graduation plans.
- Foreign language requirement of three years of high school or two semesters of college level.
- See U. S. Diversity (3 credits) & International Perspectives (3 credits) requirements – http://www.registrar.iastate.edu/students/div-ip-guide
NOTE: AA degree meets the requirements for general education from the College of Liberal Arts. See your advisor for updated agreements. 1-800-262-3810 and/or website
Recommended: Should be from areas of teaching specialization interest
Courses which will satisfy *Life Science, **Physical Science, & ***Earth/Space Science: None accepted
- *Life Science
- BIO-102 Introductory Biology
- BIO-206b Anatomy & Physiology I
- **Physical Science
- CHM-151b College Chemistry I (Fa only)
- PHY-162b College Physics I (Fa only)
- PHS-142 Principles of Astronomy (Fa only)