The SHRM Essentials® of HR Management is an introductory course offering a complete overview of human resource roles and responsibilities. If you are just starting out in the profession, or are looking for an effective way to boost your employee management skills, this is the program for you!
This course can provide exceptional benefits because it:
- Reduces company’s risk of potential high-cost litigation.
- Promotes a consistent understanding of the HR function to non-HR management.
- Offers professional development for divisional or departmental supervisors to ensure HR compliance.
- Develops a common dictionary of HR terms for the entire organization.
- Covers real-life HR issues and current, vital topics including: employment law; selecting qualified employees; compensation; orientation and training; and the performance management process.
The blended learning experience combines print and online tools with the benefits of an instructor-led class. By attending our course, you’ll benefit from:
- The shared experiences of your instructor and peers along with networking opportunities.
- Interactive case studies designed to make you feel comfortable dealing with HR issues.
- Earning up to 12.5 PHR/SPHR/GPHR recertification credits and a certificate upon completion.
Click below to expand your enrollment options
|North Iowa Area Community College||641-422-4358||or 888-466-4222 X 4358|
|Des Moines Area Community College||515-964-6800||or 800-342-0033|
|Eastern Iowa Community College||888-336-3907||or 563-441-4100|
|Hawkeye Community College||319-296-2460|
|Indian Hills Community College||641-683-5187|
|Iowa Central Community College||515-574-1292||or 800-362-2793, X 1292|
|Iowa Lakes Community College||712-362-7231||or 800-252-5664|
|Iowa Valley Community College||641-752-4645||or 800-284-4823|
|Iowa Western Community College||712-325-3255|
|Iowa Western Community College-Atlantic||712-243-5527|
|Kirkwood Community College||319-398-1022||or 800-332-8833|
|Northeast Iowa Community College-Peosta||563-557-827, X 380||or 888-642-2338, X 380|
|Northeast Iowa Community College-Calmar||800-728-2256, X 399||or 563-562-3263, X 399|
|Northwest Iowa Community College||712-324-5061||or 800-352-4907|
|Southeastern Community College||319-208-5382, X 8168||or X 8274|
|Southwestern Community College||641-782-1449 or 1441||or 800-247-4023, X 449 or 441|
Class details are being finalized. Please watch for updates. http://certification.shrm.org/