The North Iowa Area Small Business Development Center has been serving the counties of North Iowa since 1985. We are one of 15 regional assistance centers in the Iowa SBDC network. Our office is located in the John Pappajohn Business and Entrepreneurial Center on the Campus of North Iowa Area Community College in Mason City. Our address, phone and fax numbers are at the bottom of this page.
Owning a small business calls for vision, determination and all the sound expertise you can find. The SBDC can guide you down the road to success with:
- One-on-one counseling by qualified professionals
- A variety of learning opportunities, including workshops, classes, on-line assistance and publications and other resources
- Connections to other service providers, federal, state and local resources, sources of capital and similar assistance for small businesses
SBDCs are a program supported by the U. S. Small Business Administration (SBA) and extended to the public on a non-discriminatory basis. SBA cannot endorse any products, opinions or services of any external parties or activities.
Iowa’s SBDCs are partially funded by the U.S. Small Business Administration via a contract with Iowa State University, Ames. The State Center is headquartered in ISU’s new Gerdin Business Building and the Iowa SBDC statewide program is hosted by Iowa State University’s College of Business.
Additional funding is provided by the State of Iowa. Support for regional centers is provided by SBDC host institutions and contributed funds. Our center’s host is North Iowa Area Community College.
Because 97.5% of Iowa’s businesses are small businesses (fewer than 500 employees), the SBDCs face a monumental task in assisting them. Yet Iowa SBDC results are extraordinary. According to an independent study by Dr. James Chrisman of the University of Mississippi, in the last 3 years Iowa SBDC clients:
- Contributed $11 million in new state taxes through increased sales and employment.
- Increased firm gross revenues by $240 million.
- Added and retained 3,795 jobs.
- Raised $77 million in new capital.
- Grew 3.5 times faster than the average Iowa business.
For valuable information about the Iowa SBDC and other business assistance, go to www.iowasbdc.org.
Workshops and Seminars
Other valuable sites include the following:
Ted Bair travels to area Chamber of Commerce & EDC Offices to see clients.
- 1st Monday of each month – Osage
- 2nd Tuesday of each month – Forest City & Garner
- 2nd Thursday of each month – Hampton
- 3rd Thursday of each month – Charles City
- 4th Thursday of each month – Forest City & Garner
Contact us at:
North Iowa Area Small Business Development Center
500 College Drive, Mason City, IA 50401
Brook S. Boehmler, Director – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 641-422-4212 or 1-888-GO NIACC ext. 4212 Fax: 641-422-4129