Sponsored by John Pappajohn, Equity Dynamics, Inc., the Pappajohn New Venture Business Plan Competition is intended for college students with an interest in starting their own business. Plans are judged based on a) Content of Plan and b) Viability of Plan. Teams in the NIACC Regional Competition will compete for one of three (3) $500 seed grants and an opportunity to advance to the statewide competition. Finalists at the statewide competition will compete for one of three (3) seed grants in the amount of $5,000.
- Full or part-time undergraduate or graduate students registered during the fall semester at any Iowa post-secondary educational institution are eligible for the competition.
- Plans may be submitted by an individual or by a team of students.
- Teams must consist of at least one student member.
- Teams must consist of five or fewer members.
- Business plans must be for a start-up business only (not for an existing business).
|February 28, 2014||Intent to Compete Form (mail or email) – Deadline for Submission|
|March 28, 2014||Application and Business Plan – Deadline for Submission|
|April 3-4, 2014||Round 1 Judging – NIACC Regional Competition
Each of the five regional locations will select no more than three top business plans to compete in the final competition. Regional competitions will include a 15 minute oral presentation plus Q&A.
|May 2, 2014
9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Des Moines, IA
|Round 2 Judging – Final Statewide Competition/Awards
Regional award winners will give oral presentations to Equity Dynamics staff in Des Moines, IA. Award presentations will follow.