The public is invited to NIACC Day at Southbridge Mall, Saturday April 5th from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Faculty and staff from North Iowa Area Community College (NIACC) will have a variety of table displays set up to showcase the many programs offered at the College.
“We often hear remarks from people who say they are surprised at the many programs offered at NIACC,” said NIACC Marketing Director Michele Appelgate. “It really is true. We offer so many programs for people of all ages who have interests in many fields, including one year and two-year programs. We have a lot of programs that offer job training and help people get good paying jobs quickly. We decided to bring the College to the mall so people can learn more about us and how we can help them meet their goals.”
Details are still being organized, but some of the programs being highlighted include:
• The NIACC John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center
• NIACC Admissions with registration information. Advisors will be available.
• Phi Theta Kappa, an international honor society that recognizes the academic accomplishments of students attending two-year colleges.
• Global Diversity Club/ International Students
• Workforce training programs
• Nursing and Physical Therapy Assistant programs, including a health simulation
• Business programs
• Carpentry and guitar building
• Learning Support, including how to obtain a High School Equivalency Diploma (HSED) – formerly known as GED.
• And more!
A variety of prizes will also be given away during the event. For more information about NIACC and enrolling in summer school or fall classes, visit www.niacc.edu or contact our Admissions Office at 641-422-4245 or 1-888- GO NIACC.
# # #