Company Name: KSI Business Solutions
Job Responsibilities: JOB DESCRIPTION:
We are seeking a Farm Manager & Land Real Estate Agent to grow our Farm Management division in Eastern Iowa. We are looking for those that have a passion for agriculture and experience in Ag and Farm Management services to develop, implement and oversee short term and long term operating plans for a client and their farmland and related cash assets. The ideal candidate must have a broad knowledge of farming, be a self-starter and be highly driven.
This individual will develop a skill set in Farm Management and broker transactions for buyers and sellers of land. A willingness to accept coaching, maintain a positive attitude, and strive for continuous self-development are important within the company. Most importantly, a successful candidate is extremely passionate about crop farming and land investments.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO (you may request further detail):
1) Farm Management
• Manage farm finances: budgeting, accounts receivable, and accounts payable
• Capital improvement analysis, coordination, and oversight
• Participate and develop routine reports to clients: seasonally and end of year
• Farm owner communication as needed
• Work with farm tenants on crops, projects, etc.
• Lease negotiations with farm tenants and farm owners
• Grain marketing for crop share, modified crop share, and custom managed farms
• Progress towards becoming an Accredited Farm Manager (AFM)
• Assist with marketing and promotional events
• Make suggestions to systematize and improve office functioning to support the growth of the company
• Propose creative solutions to farming problems
2) Land Real Estate Agent
• Selling & Acquiring Land
o Utilize personal network, AMS network, and other contacts to source land to sell and acquire. o List properties for sale and determine the best-selling method (auction, listing, etc.).
o Review of advertising developed by AMS for newspapers, websites, social media, etc.
o Review and/or development of listing agreements and sales agreements.
• General duties for both selling and acquiring
o Ensure all associated forms are completed to comply with real estate licensing requirements (agency
disclosure, listing agreements, dwelling disclosures, lead disclosure, etc.)
o Develop a working knowledge of 1031 exchanges and have the ability to coordinate a closing that involves an
o Coordinate closing of properties with AMS staff, associated attorneys, 1031 intermediaries, lenders, escrow
• A desire for financial analysis of agriculture investments for a variety of purposes (selling, investing, financial
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Two to five years’ experience in agriculture or related field (real estate, property management, etc.)
• Minimum of bachelor’s degree in an Agriculture-related field. Preference toward Agronomy or Agricultural
Farm Manager & Land Real Estate Agent – Page 1 of 2
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1) Knowledge of:
• Computer operations
• Microsoft Office operation including Word, Excel, Access and Publisher
• The Agriculture industry
2) Skill in:
• Verbal and written communication
• Professional communication with internal counterparts and external clients
• Thoroughness and accuracy
• Critical thinking and informed decision making
3) Ability to:
• Extremely entrepreneurial and resourceful – can problem solve out of any situation
• Work both independently and in a team environment to accomplish goals
• Perform follow-up to ensure quality of work product and/or actions are completed
• Work with allied partnerships in a professional, courteous manner
• Trustworthy and maintain confidentiality
• Listen and accept coaching from peers and managers
COMPENSATION AND HOURS
• Base salary range depending on experience – room for growth and opportunity
• Full-time position.
• Cost of education towards obtaining and maintaining a Real Estate license would be covered by the company.
• Location varies from Cedar Rapids, IA office; working out in Eastern Iowa.
Pay Range: Base plus commission
Company Address: 425 2nd Street SE, Suite 802, Cedar Rapids Iowa, 52401
Company Phone: (319) 270-3237
Company Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours Per Week: Full-time
Days: Full Time
Hours: Full Time
Date Position Expires: 05/31/2018
How to Apply: Email resume and cover letter
Requirements: Background Check
North Iowa Area Community College (NIACC) makes no warranty, representation or guaranty as to the content, accuracy, timeliness or completeness of the information provided herein. NIACC expressly disclaim any and all liability for any loss or injury caused, in whole or in part, by its actions, omissions, or negligence in procuring, compiling or providing the information contained in this site, including without limitation, liability with respect to any use of this site, or the information contained herein. Reliance on the information contained on this site, is solely at your own risk. The information may change or be altered at any time.