Company Name: Design & Technical Services
Job Responsibilities: Design & Technical Services, a division of Volt, is looking for a Technical Writer – Tractor Diagnostic Manuals to work on-site with a Fortune 500 agricultural equipment manufacturer in Waterloo, IA.
This one-year entry-level assignment is a great opportunity to launch a new career in technical communications and/or agricultural technology. Selected candidates will gain valuable experience in creating technical manuals and graphics, becoming uniquely qualified for advancement in a competitive career field.
• Create tables of technical information related to electrical-system diagnostic procedures for high-horsepower tractors (e.g. part numbers, wire harness IDs, and pin-out descriptions)
• Create graphics that show component locations with respect to their position and orientation on high-horsepower tractors
• Research and compile large volumes of technical information with few errors
Required (all of the following)
• Mechanical and electrical aptitude
• Extremely high attention to detail
• Communicates clearly (verbal and written)
• Able to prioritize and make progress on multiple projects simultaneously
• Works well both collaboratively and independently
• Computer proficiency, especially the ability to master unfamiliar applications
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
Preferred (any of the following)
• Able to read electrical schematics and wiring diagrams
• Experience using Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, PTC ArborText Editor, or Capital Harness
• Able to use hand tools in a repair-shop environment
• Background in the agricultural industry with experience operating, maintaining, or repairing tractors
Design & Technical Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Not interested? Search for other opportunities at jobs.volt.com!
Pay Range: $20-$25/hour
Company Address: 401 SW Water St, Peoria Illinois, 61602
Company Phone: (563) 678-2811
Company Email: email@example.com
Company Website: http://www.designtechnical.com
Hours Per Week: Full-time, Temporary
Hours: 8 am – 5 pm
Date Position Expires: 12/15/2018
How to Apply: Email resume and cover letter
Requirements: Background Check, Drug Test
North Iowa Area Community College (NIACC) makes no warranty, representation or guaranty as to the content, accuracy, timeliness or completeness of the information provided herein. NIACC expressly disclaim any and all liability for any loss or injury caused, in whole or in part, by its actions, omissions, or negligence in procuring, compiling or providing the information contained in this site, including without limitation, liability with respect to any use of this site, or the information contained herein. Reliance on the information contained on this site, is solely at your own risk. The information may change or be altered at any time.