Company Name: Smithfield
Job Responsibilities: Overview
Smithfield Foods is a $15 billion global food company and the world’s largest pork processor and hog producer. In the United States, the company is also the leader in numerous packaged meats categories. Popular brands include Smithfield®, Eckrich®, Nathan’s Famous®, Farmland®, Armour®, Farmer John®, Kretschmar®, John Morrell®, Cook’s®, Gwaltney®, Carando®, Margherita®, Curly’s®, Healthy Ones®, Morliny®, Krakus®, and Berlinki®. Smithfield Foods is committed to providing good food in a responsible way and maintains robust animal care, community involvement, employee safety, environmental and food safety, and quality programs.
This position is accountable for providing effective direction and coordination for the assigned plant through a group of first-line Production Supervisors. The plants have operations ranging from non-skilled, semi-skilled, and skilled production employees. Plants produce products to meet scheduled commitments and may operate up to three shifts per day, seven days a week. Guides and advises production supervisors in interpretation of plant and company policies and procedures. Takes appropriate action to maximize production yields, plans for future capacity, and maintains flexibility in the production operations needed due to the variances.
- Assists in maintaining acceptable plant profitability.
- Monitors yields and efficiencies daily and takes corrective action when appropriate.
- Maintains safety and ergonomic programs to ensure a safe working environment and while attaining the company goal of an injury-free workplace.
- Develops topics for at line meetings, trains employees to perform the job safely, identifies and corrects safety hazards and ergonomic issues; attends safety and ergonomic meetings; determines strategies to meet goals of reducing injuries and cost per claim of injuries.
- Trains all supervisors and employees in company policies and procedures; counsels and or takes corrective action as necessary; develops and maintains a program of continuous improvement
- Maintains product quality and customer service standards.
- Ensures that sanitation standards are met daily; ensures product specifications and quality index are met or exceeded.
- Ensures that department manning and product scheduling is adequate to meet customer needs.
- Ensures company and USDA standards are met.
- Performs daily troubleshooting, implementing corrective action when necessary.
- Conducts line meetings as necessary to discuss violations and required actions to ensure compliance.
- In the absence of key personnel, the employee’s supervisor or qualified designee (one that has been trained in the key employee’s duties) is responsible for completing or delegating the completion of all required tasks and responsibilities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and 4+ years’ relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience in a position of leadership to include team development and management required.
- Experience using multiple computer applications, including but not limited to Kronos, SAP, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Manufacturing knowledge and understanding of yields, plant efficiencies, and operations procedures.
- Knowledge of OSHA Standards and USDA and HACCP regulations.
- Bilingual, a plus.
- May be required to work long hours and weekends.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/253b576vbbchfnkd
Pay Range: DOE
Company Address: 1401 S Eisenhower Ave Mason City, IA 50401, Mason City Iowa, 50401
Company Phone: (641) 421-5100
Company Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Company Website: http://www.Click2apply.net/253b576vbbchfnkd
Hours Per Week: Full-time
Date Position Expires: 11/08/2019
Requirements: Background Check
North Iowa Area Community College (NIACC) makes no warranty, representation or guaranty as to the content, accuracy, timeliness or completeness of the information provided herein. NIACC expressly disclaim any and all liability for any loss or injury caused, in whole or in part, by its actions, omissions, or negligence in procuring, compiling or providing the information contained in this site, including without limitation, liability with respect to any use of this site, or the information contained herein. Reliance on the information contained on this site is solely at your own risk. The information may change or be altered at any time.