Company Name: Smithfield
Job Responsibilities: Overview
Must have basic knowledge of General Maintenance, Hydraulic Systems, Electrical and Electronic Systems, and Welding (TIG,MIG). Must be able to operate and repair at least 2 different types of forklifts. Technician must be able to work as a team or individually. Must comply with all Company SAFETY rules (LOCKOUT/TAGOUT, ETC) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) at all times.
• Ensure all assign daily PM’s are completed.
• Ensure production lines are in good mechanical order.
• Provide assistance to other teams (Production, Quality- when needed).
• Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and Safety Practices at all times.
• Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment
• Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other personnel to diagnose problem or repair machine.
• Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
• Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings gears, and other parts of machinery.
• Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical/electronic components of machinery and equipment.
• Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment.
• Installs, programs, troubleshoot, or repairs automated machinery and equipment such as programmable controllers.
• Follow all ISO 14001 procedures
• Other duties as needed.
1. Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well.
2. Cost Consciousness – Conservers organizational resources.
3. Ethics – Treat people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others.
4. Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
5. Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
6. Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions.
7. Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent;
2. 5 to 10 years related experience and/or training;
3. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Must be able to read, write, speak, and comprehend English.
2. Must have the ability to read and interpret documents, such as blue prints, safety rules, operating and maintenance manuals, and procedure manuals.
3. Must have the ability to write routine correspondence.
4. Must have the ability to calculate figures, read tape measurement, and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, and machine or equipment calibration specifications.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGRISTATIONS:
Any that may apply (for example: EPA Certification, Electrician License, etc.)
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/q7bmfwbdzk9pk5sx
Pay Range: DOE
Company Address: 1401 S Eisenhower Ave Mason City, IA 50401, Mason City Iowa, 50401
Company Phone: (641) 421-5100
Company Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Company Website: http://www.smithfield.com/
Hours Per Week: Full-time
Date Position Expires: 12/27/2019
How to Apply: Apply online via the company website
Requirements: Background Check
North Iowa Area Community College (NIACC) makes no warranty, representation or guaranty as to the content, accuracy, timeliness or completeness of the information provided herein. NIACC expressly disclaim any and all liability for any loss or injury caused, in whole or in part, by its actions, omissions, or negligence in procuring, compiling or providing the information contained in this site, including without limitation, liability with respect to any use of this site, or the information contained herein. Reliance on the information contained on this site, is solely at your own risk. The information may change or be altered at any time.