Company Name: Smithfield
Job Responsibilities: Overview
Employee is responsible for preventive maintenance and repair of processing and packaging equipment in the facility. In addition to these skills, this individual will be responsible for safe and compliant operation of refrigeration, ammonia, HVAC and engine processes.
• Operate boiler system, ammonia refrigeration system, air compressors and wastewater treatment system
• Follow written and verbal procedures to comply with company and governmental regulations
• Work as a member of a round-the-clock team utilizing written, verbal and email communication
• Read, record and interpret data from gauges, computer programs and measurement equipment
• Enter and retrieve information from a computer system; Microsoft Word/Excel, SAP, and Internet
• Perform preventative maintenance tasks and inspections on all associated systems.
• Perform basic mechanical repairs on all associated systems; e.g. fans, pumps, valves and motors
• Effectively troubleshoot the systems both mechanically and electrically.
• Utilize schematics to aid in troubleshooting
• Install all kinds of plumbing (not including welded lines)
• Follow PPE requirements to work with hazardous chemicals; e.g. acids, bases, anhydrous ammonia
• Operate fork lifts, scissor lifts and similar equipment
• Perform water testing for wastewater, boiler and refrigeration system
• Maintain and clean equipment and area
• Provide feedback to help improve systems
• Perform other duties as assigned
• High School diploma or GED and 3-5 years’ experience in the maintenance filed; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to work with or without supervision.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Effectively utilize measuring equipment
• Knowledge of electrical and plumbing a plus
• Prior experience reading schematics and hydraulic drawings, preferred
• May be required to work long hours and weekends
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/pfm58pd58wc2fx3q
Pay Range: DOE
Company Address: 1401 S Eisenhower Ave, Mason City Iowa, 50401
Company Phone: (641) 421-5100
Company Email: email@example.com
Company Website: http://www.Click2apply.net/pfm58pd58wc2fx3q
Hours Per Week: Full-time
Date Position Expires: 12/27/2019
How to Apply: Apply online via the company website
Requirements: Background Check
North Iowa Area Community College (NIACC) makes no warranty, representation or guaranty as to the content, accuracy, timeliness or completeness of the information provided herein. NIACC expressly disclaim any and all liability for any loss or injury caused, in whole or in part, by its actions, omissions, or negligence in procuring, compiling or providing the information contained in this site, including without limitation, liability with respect to any use of this site, or the information contained herein. Reliance on the information contained on this site, is solely at your own risk. The information may change or be altered at any time.