Company Name: Smithfield
Job Responsibilities: Overview
A great job-and a great future-awaits you at Smithfield Foods. As the world’s largest pork processor and hog producer, we’re a $15-billion global food company with more than 52,000 employees worldwide. We’re looking for motivated people who want to join our team and grow lasting and meaningful careers with us.
What we offer:
• Competitive pay and benefits among the best in the industry
• A variety of career paths, including:
o Quality Assurance/Food Safety
o Hog Procurement
• Opportunities for career growth
• Tuition assistance
Production employees at Smithfield handle materials and use hand tools, knives, machinery, and equipment to help deliver good food responsibly to America’s dinner table. Production team members at Smithfield perform physically demanding work that requires good hand-eye coordination, attention to detail, strength and stamina. Team members must be available to work scheduled hours, which may include mandatory overtime, depending upon production demands.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
All applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
Applicants must be willing and able to:
• Understand and follow oral and written instructions
• Perform a task requiring continuous/repetitive movement, including grasping, pinching hands, flexing, and extending arms
• Stand on concrete and/or platforms for up to a 12-hour shift
• Work around animal blood and/or carcass parts
• Work with a knife (if trained)
• Work in cold areas (approximately 20-40 degrees) and/or warm areas (over 100 degrees)
• Work in an environment that is wet and humid
• Work while wearing a hard hat, hearing/eye protection, and steel-toed safety shoes
• Work in a noisy environment using personal protective equipment (PPE)
• Work with sanitation/cleaning chemicals
• Work around strong smells/odors
• Climb/move on ladders, steps, stairways, walkways and platforms
• Bend, stoop, and twist repetitively over the course of an entire shift
• Walk long distances
• This work is physically demanding and can require the use of some or all body parts and muscle groups. Some positions may require repetitive overhead lifting up to 30 lbs, single lifting of heavy objects which can weigh up to 60 lbs, or lifting of objects using mechanical assistance.
• Additional essential functions may be applicable to specific jobs.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/76wfs89f7dyp8nx8
Pay Range: DOE
Company Address: 1401 S Eisenhower Ave, Mason City Iowa, 50401
Company Phone: (641) 421-5100
Company Email: email@example.com
Company Website: http://www.Click2apply.net/76wfs89f7dyp8nx8
Hours Per Week: Full-time
Date Position Expires: 12/27/2019
How to Apply: Apply online via the company website
Requirements: Background Check
North Iowa Area Community College (NIACC) makes no warranty, representation or guaranty as to the content, accuracy, timeliness or completeness of the information provided herein. NIACC expressly disclaim any and all liability for any loss or injury caused, in whole or in part, by its actions, omissions, or negligence in procuring, compiling or providing the information contained in this site, including without limitation, liability with respect to any use of this site, or the information contained herein. Reliance on the information contained on this site, is solely at your own risk. The information may change or be altered at any time.