Company Name: Landus Cooperative
Job Responsibilities: Landus Cooperative is currently seeking an Agronomy Sales Associate! Do you have a passion for agriculture and working with customers? Would you consider yourself detail-oriented and customer focused? Then come join our team!
We are seeking a motivated individual who can learn to provide sound agronomic advice and build close-knit relationships with our local farmers! At Landus Cooperative, you’ll find a fun team atmosphere and a stable career that offers excellent benefits for full-time employees!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Includes but not limited to the following:
• Provide prompt, professional, and courteous customer service.
• Learn how to manage, maintain, and prioritize a list of customers to identify the best opportunities for growth.
• Learn to maintain & increase sales with existing customers & gain business from new customers.
• Assist the Field Sales Agronomist in developing and performing yield checks on test plots for customers to showcase the varieties of corn and soybean hybrids, herbicide options, etc.
• Assist the Field Sales Agronomist in making sales calls and recommendations for present and potential customers regarding fertilizer, chemical, seed, tillage practices, crop consulting, etc.
• Understand how to document & submit sales call information in Customer Relationship Management System.
• Learn how to schedule timely soil samples, soil nitrate tests, plant tissue analysis, soybean cyst samples and yield checks for present and new customers.
• Learn to develop account plans to provide customers with desired agronomic results.
• Provide a consistent communication channel between customers and location personnel.
• Establish and attain sales/margin goals that are compatible with Landus Cooperative’s goals.
• Assist Field Sales Agronomist with expense reports and submit on a timely basis.
• Assist in periodically forecasting sales volumes for inventory planning and budget projections.
• Must have a valid state motor vehicle operator’s license.
• Must be able to move/lift up to 50 pounds; occasionally up to 100 pounds.
• Degree from accredited 2 or 4 year post-secondary program preferred; or 1 to 3 years related experience.
• Certified Crop Adviser (CCA) or equivalent knowledge.
• Have or be able to obtain a CDL and other DOT qualifications.
• Good computer skills.
• Understand the seasonality of an agricultural cooperative and the in-season time commitment.
• Teamwork: Works hard to emphasize team success ahead of individual success.
• Safety: Protects the well-being of our employees, customers, and consumers.
• Consistent Quality: Accepts responsibility to provide quality work in a timely manner.
• Empowered: Enjoys working hard and has initiative to do what’s right.
• Integrity: Displays honesty by doing what they say they will do.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Pay Range: Competitive pay
Company Address: 60511 Glacier Rd., Atlantic Iowa, 50022
Company Phone: (712) 243-3582
Company Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Company Website: https://www.landuscooperative.com/careers
Hours Per Week: Full-time
Days: 5 days and some weekends
Date Position Expires: 05/01/2020
How to Apply: Apply online via the company website
Requirements: Background Check, Drug Test
North Iowa Area Community College (NIACC) makes no warranty, representation or guaranty as to the content, accuracy, timeliness or completeness of the information provided herein. NIACC expressly disclaim any and all liability for any loss or injury caused, in whole or in part, by its actions, omissions, or negligence in procuring, compiling or providing the information contained in this site, including without limitation, liability with respect to any use of this site, or the information contained herein. Reliance on the information contained on this site, is solely at your own risk. The information may change or be altered at any time.