Company Name: Accura Healthcare of Ames
$10,000 SIGN-ON BONUS
Accura HealthCare of Ames has an opportunity to invite a new Director of Nursing to lead our clinical team due to our nurse leader obtaining her BSN and changing her healthcare industry focus.
We desire a leader that will help rally around and elevate our team. Someone who is driven to provide exceptional clinical quality and person-centered care. Our ideal fit is a registered nurse that takes a servant leader approach and leads by example. You have interpersonal skills that allow you to build strong connections with not only those you serve from a care perspective but also with your colleagues and those you lead. You are a relationship builder that has proven ability to quickly gain respect and collaboration because you model the way. You enjoy teaching and developing others, as well as continuing to learn and develop yourself with the support of an overarching clinical leadership team. Your positive attitude and go-getter nature boosts team member morale, which positively impacts retention. You have a passion for working within senior living.
Accura HealthCare of Ames is an 80 bed skilled nursing facility. Accura HealthCare’s mission is partners in care, family for life. That means we consider our team members to be family. If you desire an organization that fosters a culture where you feel like you’re part of one big family, come check us out! We are always looking for ways to continue to improve quality of care and create an environment that allows both you and our residents to thrive. Intrigued? Apply today to learn more and experience the difference that is Accura HealthCare of Ames.
- The Director of Nursing( DON) plans, organizes, develops, and directs the overall operation of the Nursing Services department to ensure the highest degree of care in accordance with all laws, regulations, and Company standards.
- Maintains a physical, social, and psychological environment which will be conducive to the best interest and welfare of all residents in conjunction with our Core Values.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates knowledge of residents’ health; oversees and ensures the design and implementation of quality individual and collective resident care treatment, programs, plans and services.
- Closely monitors accrediting/surveying/regulatory body criteria to maintain compliance.
- Meets all submission timelines of reports/records/documentation as required by state and federal rules, regulations and laws for health care facilities.
- Assists in the assessment of and planning of resident care plans; ensures adherence to physician orders and other professional health-care treatment plans.
- Reviews physicians’ orders for prompt implementation. Evaluates all residents’ medication sheets, treatment sheets and other charting for accuracy. Ensures nursing services complete appropriate charting and documentation of resident care.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for improvement and enhancement of policies; implements all approved policies.
Ensures appropriate inventory of supplies and equipment within budget guidelines.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures that account for and audit the disbursement of all medications. Maintains a system to account for narcotics.
- Develops, and implements quality management, utilization reviews and discharge planning programs.
- Effectively communicates with family members regarding the condition and progress of residents, including in-person and telephone discussions.
- Leads by example, fosters open communication and resolves conflict in a constructive manner. Manages and coaches department staff; establishes and maintains culture that supports the mission/vision of the organization and facility.
- Ensures nursing staff employees are appropriately recruited, selected, provided effective onboarding and training. Directly works with staff on nursing and care issues as well as systems, safety and policy compliance.
- Holds employees accountable to clear performance expectations. Completes performance reviews and provides timely and effective feedback to employees. Takes appropriate action to address performance and attendance problems.
- May perform duties of staff nurse whenever required including but not limited to completing health assessments, developing and evaluation of care plans, and reviewing, implementing and evaluating residents’ medication, treatment and other charting requirements.
- Assists in the establishment of disaster, fire, and safety programs in cooperation with Administration. Ensures proper handling and emergency care of residents, personnel and visitors involved in accidents while on the job or in the building.
- Maintains good public relations with local physicians and other care providers.
- Has fun in creating a positive atmosphere for residents and staff in conjunction with our Core Values.
- Follows instructions and completes daily assignments as assigned and is proactive to change.
- Possesses understanding and compassion for the elderly population.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education and Experience
- RN graduate from accredited school of nursing (required).
- One year full-time supervisory/management nursing experience (required).
- Demonstrated current knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid rules and regulations.
- Must have strong business and financial management skills, knowledge of reimbursement requirements and regulations, strong critical thinking and analytical skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to set and achieve relevant and challenging goals for self and team.
- Ability to hire and develop a quality nursing team.
- Proactively anticipate and respond to resident, staff and facility needs.
- State of Iowa RN licensure by Iowa Board of Nursing (required)
- CPR Certification (required)
Pay Range: Pay based on Experience
Company Address: 3440 Grand Ave, Ames, IA 50010
Company Phone: (515) 232-3426
Company Email: Kody.Petrich@accura.healthcare
Company Website: https://accura.hcshiring.com/jobs/tklMMGMmhEqwl0iu26nLvA
Hours Per Week: Full-time, Permanent
Days: Monday- Friday
Hours: 1st Shift
Date Position Expires: 02/06/2021
How to Apply: Apply online via the company website
Requirements: Background Check, Drug Test
North Iowa Area Community College (NIACC) makes no warranty, representation or guaranty as to the content, accuracy, timeliness or completeness of the information provided herein. NIACC expressly disclaim any and all liability for any loss or injury caused, in whole or in part, by its actions, omissions, or negligence in procuring, compiling or providing the information contained in this site, including without limitation, liability with respect to any use of this site, or the information contained herein. Reliance on the information contained on this site, is solely at your own risk. The information may change or be altered at any time.