About Lifelong Learning Institute
What is it?
NIACC offers you the opportunity to become a member of the Lifelong Learning Institute, a community of adults who learn for the joy of learning without grades, tests, papers, or long-term classes. The Lifelong Learning Institute has members of all educational backgrounds and provides the perfect way to expand knowledge while meeting other like-minded adults. Learn something you never had the chance to study. Discuss topics that are interesting to you. Take a class that stretches your mind and teaches you new ways of thinking.
Members will have the opportunity to:
- Renew – their knowledge of specific areas of interest or learn new areas
- Revitalize – through a network of members with a similar joy of learning
- Reinvent – their life work through new career choices or volunteer opportunities
The goals for members include:
- Intellectual Stimulation
- Personal Enrichment
- Transition or career advice
- Knowledge of NIACC resources
The Lifelong Learning Institute is a membership organization for learning. Members join with their initial registration fee of $99 per year. That $99 provides a member with two consecutive semesters of classes. Once a person has joined LLI, they are considered a member of the Institute and are eligible for special benefits.
Becoming a Member
- Call 641-422-4358 to request a brochure of classes for the semester, or check the LLI website www.niacc.edu/lli for the latest list of classes offered.
- Fill out the membership page at the back of the brochure, selecting the classes that you would like to attend.
- Call 641-422-4358 to register, or send your application and membership fee to NIACC Lifelong Learning Institute, 500 College Drive, Mason City, IA 50401. You may also fax your registration to (641) 422-4112 as another option. Please note that we do not offer on-line registration options.
- Student I.D.
- Library use and orientation
- Passes to athletic events
- Performing Arts Previews/Post views, when available
- Continuing Education computer classes at half price
- Two consecutive semesters of classes, totaling over 90 classes to choose from
- Use of the NIACC recreation center with active class registration
- Monthly e-newsletter
Teaching for LLI
Our faculty consist of instructors from NIACC, as well as professionals from the surrounding communities. If you have a passion or expertise in a specific subject that you would like to teach for LLI, please complete the online form and send it to the Director. Please make sure that the content is academic. Your submission will be reviewed by the Director and the LLI Advisory Board. Once approved, you will be contacted to finalize the details.
The Lifelong Learning Institute will follow the NIACC weather guidelines. When NIACC is closed due to inclement weather, Lifelong Learning Institute classes will also be cancelled both on and off campus. If the weather is questionable, please err on the side of safety. Tune in to your local television or radio for closing announcements.