Become a SI Leader
10-12 hours per week, arranged by semester, This is a paid position
Purpose of job
To assist students in academic achievement by working closely with faculty, attending classes and holding supplemental instruction (SI) small study groups to review and reinforce course content.
- Conduct 1 hour supplemental instruction sessions twice a week.
- Integrate study strategy techniques with course content
- Maintain a weekly schedule for supplemental instruction.
- Keep regular and accurate records of SI sessions, using the related forms.
- Complete and submit all paperwork, including an SI Planning Sheet for each session.
- Attend class for which you are tutoring.
- Function as a model student in the programmatic framework of SI
- Make contact with the instructor at least once prior to the semester and at least bi-weekly during the semester to obtain any necessary course materials or information.
- Attend SI education sessions as required by the Director.
- Assist with additional duties as needed.
Qualifications: Must have taken Anatomy & Physiology I or Similar Class
- Completion of the particular course for which tutoring is being performed, earning at least a “B”
- 3.0 or higher GPA and good academic standing
- Recommendation from an instructor for the course
- Good interpersonal communication skills and ease in relating to people from a variety of educational, cultural and social backgrounds
- Evidence of excellence in responsibility, reliability and punctuality
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Appropriate and professional behavior at all times
SI Coordinator: Senora Gilley
Location: Beem Center