Starting a Business with Launch & Grow

You have a passion and a great idea for a business – but what do you do next? For that matter, what do you do first? Starting a business can feel like an overwhelming task. The Pappajohn Center offers Launch & Grow, a 10 week program designed to help entrepreneurs and business owners maximize the likelihood of success. From licenses to bookkeeping to marketing to setting up shop, all aspects of launching a business will be covered.

When you’re starting a business or looking to expand your existing business, having a plan is key. According to a research study from the Cranfield School of Management, businesses that plan, track against that plan, and then adjust the plan as needed grow 30% faster than those that don’t. Launch & Grow teaches you how to research, develop, and write detailed business plans. Launch & Grow uses LivePlan, an award-winning business plan software that simplifies business planning, budgeting, forecasting, and performance tracking for small businesses and startups. A six month subscription to LivePlan is included with course tuition.

Launch & Grow is not only for new businesses. Patrick Palmer of The Computer Guy already had his business established when he took Launch & Grow in 2008. Patrick said, “I had been in business full time for 2 years.  My dad had just passed away and I knew I needed some new mentors and business advice. I didn’t know as much as I thought I did and immediately put some of the things I learned into practice. Without Launch & Grow I wouldn’t be where I am today and my business wouldn’t have grown.”

Launch & Grow can help you make your business goals a reality. Learn more about Launch & Grow on the website and by following along as we highlight parts of the upcoming course here on the Pappajohn Center blog.  Or, if you’re ready, call NIACC Continuing Education at (641) 422-4358  with the course number (111453) to enroll.

The Computer Guy Launch & Grow Your Business