An Exciting Opportunity For Student Entrepreneurs
Five Day Summer Entrepreneurship Academy
|What||Youth Entrepreneurial Academy (YEA). Learn the ins and outs of starting a business and becoming your own boss. Students will transform ideas and passions into a viable business plan. Every participant will receive a $500 NIACC scholarship and have an opportunity to compete for seed money to launch their business this summer.|
|When||June 10-14 2019|
|Time||8:30 am – 4:00 pm|
|Where||North Iowa Area Community College – John Pappajohn Business Center|
|Who||Current high school students|
|Details||Approximately 25 aspiring student entrepreneurs from North Iowa will participate. Join in the interesting activities, insightful guest speakers, and fun field trips. Attend for free, receive travel reimbursement, and win scholarships and seed money!|
|Apply||Applications are also available from your counselor, business teachers or the NIACC John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center. Print an application or apply online.|
Priority Deadline: May 16, 2019 or until full
What is the Youth Entrepreneurial Academy?
The Youth Entrepreneurial Academy is a unique opportunity for a motivated high school student like you. It’s designed to provide you with the fundamental skills to start your own business and become an entrepreneur. The Youth Entrepreneurial Academy consists of several components including an evening orientation and a 5 day academy in which you focus on the development of skills, knowledge, and attitudes of entrepreneurship.
Upon successful completion of the Youth Entrepreneurial Academy, you will be awarded a $500 Youth Entrepreneurial Academy Scholarship if you choose to attend NIACC. This scholarship can also be used for summer or on-line classes at NIACC.
Up to $3000 in scholarships are available to students enrolling in the Associate in Applied Science Entrepreneurship & Small Business Management Degree program at NIACC.
1. You must complete the Youth Entrepreneurial Academy application form and return it to the John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center. Your application package will consist of:
- A completed application form and statement of commitment, if selected * A self-evaluation of approximately 250 words.
- A personal recommendation from teacher, employer or coach.
- A statement of commitment from your parent(s) or guardian supporting your participation in the program.
2. You will participate in a personal interview.
3. The John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center will notify you regarding your participation in the Youth Entrepreneurial Academy.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a high school student.
- Have a history of achievement in academics, employment, or extracurricular activities.
- Plan to continue your education at a college or university after high school graduation.
- Be able and willing to commit to attend a five day academy on the NIACC Campus.
- Have completed the Youth Entrepreneurial Academy student application form and participated in a student interview.
Students will be selected based on combination of the written materials submitted and the personal interview. Students will be assessed in the areas of:
- Innovation and creativity
- Motivation and interest
- Unique competencies or expertise
Academy enrollment includes:
- $500 Scholarship
- Travel Expense paid
- Potential money to start business
- Access to Incubator Business space
Mail completed applications to:
NIACC John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center
500 College Drive, Mason City, IA 50401