Parents influence their child’s choices both intentionally and inadvertently. By the time their student moves into adolescence, he/she begins to seriously consider his/her future, often looking to you as parents either as role models or for career advice. Young adults often take their cues from their parents regarding what career doors are open to them. NIACC Career Connections offers career exploration student activities that help students explore multiple careers to discover what they are interested in pursuing.
Participation in a NIACC Career Connections activity can help:
- Make school relevant to your student’s future
- Help your student explore and prepare for his/her academic and career journey
- Reinforce the importance of employability skills that employers are looking for
- Provide confidence that students’ ambitions are achievable
- Provide insight into career and educational opportunities