Dream Scholar Award
Empowering and supporting undocumented Youth to gain the education they need to walk through the door of opportunity when it is opened.
Be an Undocumented or DACAmented student residing in the state of Iowa
Must have graduated from a High School within the state of Iowa with a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher or completed HSED (formerly GED)
To be eligible to apply for subsequent years as a current NIACC student, you must:
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Remain continuously enrolled at NIACC
- Remain current on all your college accounts and charges; and
Enrolled full time in a diploma or degree seeking program at North Iowa Area Community College (Fall/Spring)
***If a student withdraws or enrolls in less than full time credits (12 credits = Full time student) resulting in part time status, their award may be forfeited or the amount of the award reduced as determined appropriate by the financial aid office.
- Submit a Dream Scholar Award Application by August 1
- Provide a copy of your current high school transcript or HSED (formerly GED) diploma
- Submit a letter of reference from a teacher, community member, clergy, or non-relative that speaks to your qualifications and character
- If chosen as a finalist for the Dream Scholar Award, the applicant will be required to interview with a team of NIACC staff and will be contacted the second week of August to set up a time/date.
Awards of $3,500 will be granted
*This award cannot be used to cover past expenses
NIACC Dream Scholar Award
c/o Valeria Gonzalez, Bilingual Enrollment Advisor
500 College Drive
Mason City, IA 50401
Email: email@example.com along with supporting documentation as requested