Sample Schedule (2 year plan)First Semester
|SDV-199||College Essentials||1 s.h.|
|ENG-105||Composition I||3 s.h.|
|SOC-110||Introduction to Sociology||3 s.h.|
|PSY-111||Introduction to Psychology||3 s.h.|
|Mathematics *||3-4 s.h.|
|ENG-106||Composition II||3 s.h.|
|PSY-121||Developmental Psychology||3 s.h.|
|SOC-115||Social Problems||3 s.h.|
|SOC-150||Intro to Human Services ^||3 s.h.|
|Science Course||3-4 s.h.|
|SPC-112||Public Speaking||3 s.h.|
|SOC-120||Marriage and Family||3 s.h.|
|HSV-152||Intro to Counseling ^||3 s.h.|
|BCA-215||Computer Business Apps ^||3 s.h.|
|SOC-215||Prime for Life ^||1 s.h.|
|Humanities Course||3 s.h.|
|PSY-223||Child/Adolescent Psychology ^||3 s.h.|
|HSV-153||Professional Ethics ^||3 s.h.|
|SOC-881||Social Responsibility/Com ^ OR
SDV-210 Coop Ed. Internship ^
|Humanities Course||6 s.h.|
|Natural Science Course **||4 s.h.|
* – Appropriate math level needed before enrolling in any math class.
** – Eight semester hours of Natural Science credits (Biological Sciences or Physical Sciences and Math) required for graduation with AA Degree.
*** – General Education courses must total at least 40 semester hours to meet A.A. Degree Requirements. A minimum of 60 semester hours are needed for graduation.
^ – These courses required for the certificate.
Note: Please check with transfer institution for their specific requirements or check with a NIACC counselor/advisor for further transfer planning.
- AA Degree meets the General Education Requirements for the College of Liberal Arts at most transfer institutions.
- Check with transfer institution for foreign language and diversity requirements.
- Admission requirements vary from institution to institution. Contact the transfer institution or check with a NIACC counselor/advisor for assistance.
- Students can graduate with an AA degree with a Human Service Certificate provided they follow the above course sequence.
Sample schedule/Suggested sequence of classes:
- American national Government
- American, State and Local Government
- College Reading Strategies
- Introduction to Statistics
- Elementary/Intermediate/Advanced Spanish