Sample Schedule (2 year plan)First Semester
|ENG-105||Composition I||3 s.h.|
|MAT||Appropriate Math class*||3-4 s.h.|
|PSY-111||Intro to Psychology OR
SOC-110 Intro to Sociology
|EDU-216||Intro to Teaching||3 s.h.|
|EDU-219||Field Exper. & Seminar||1 s.h.|
|SDV-113||Strategies for Acad. Succ.||2 s.h.|
|SDV-199||College Essentials||1 s.h.|
|ENG-106||Composition II||3 s.h.|
|PSY-121||Developmental Psychology OR
PSY-223 Child/Adolescent Psych
|Art||OR Music OR Theatre||3 s.h.|
|Gen. Ed.||OR Elective - take courses in your teaching major.||3-6 s.h.|
|SPC-112||Public Speaking||3 s.h.|
|PSY-281||Educational Psychology||3 s.h.|
|EDU-250||Educ. Technology/Design||3 s.h.|
|Physical Science with Lab||4 s.h.|
|PHS-142||Principles of Astronomy||3 s.h|
|Humanities class||6 s.h.|
|Biological Science (with lab)||3-4 s.h.|
|EDU-242||Classroom Assessment||2 s.h.|
|EDU-246||Including Diverse Learners||3 s.h.|
|Gen Ed.||OR Elective - take courses in your teaching major.||6 s.h.|
* – Required ACT/Compass math scores needed before enrolling in any math class. See NIACC catalog for list of Life and Physical Science courses and General Education Electives.
Note: Please check with transfer institution for their specific requirements or check with a NIACC counselor/advisor for further transfer planning.
- The Iowa Department of Education is requiring changes to the Iowa Teacher Education programs. Contact the transfer institution for specific details.
- AA Degree meets the General Education Requirements for the College of Liberal Arts at most transfer institutions.
- Check with transfer institution for Foreign Language Requirement.
- Admission requirements vary from institution to institution. Contact the transfer institution or check with a NIACC counselor/advisor for assistance.
- Suggested schedule dependent on entry level of student.
- Required GPA’s for Teacher Education Prog. vary from college to college.
- Preprofessional Skills Test (PPST) usually required before admittance.
- American History
- Strategies for Academic Success
- Introduction to Ethics
- Literature Class
- Intro to Economics
- American National Government
- College Reading Strategies
- Foreign Language