The NIACC John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center & SBDC is hosting a Business Transition Planning Workshop on Thursday, April 20th. For small business owners, it’s never too early to start planning for the future. Future proof your business at this free workshop. Registration is required. Seats are limited.
Develop the strategies you need to protect your business legacy at this seminar led by business planning experts. The workshop’s featured speakers are Christopher Proskey and James McCarthy of Brown Winick Law Firm, and Al Lorenzen of The Business Brokers.
This workshop is also designed for business partners and professionals who work with entrepreneurs. The topics covered will include:
- Business transition strategies to ensure financial protection for your family & key employees
- Business liquidity tax planning
- Sales, operating and transition agreements
- Planned controls and transfer of interests for closely held businesses
- How to explore different transition options without creating damage or rumors
- How to value your business
- How to market the sale of a business
When: Thursday, April 20th
Where: North Iowa Area Community College, PC #117
Who Should Attend: Attorneys, Banking Associates, Broker, Business Owners, Chamber & Community Leaders, CPAs, Economic Developers, Trust Agents
The NIACC John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center is the expert in rural business innovation and success. In partnership with North Iowa’s Small Business Development Center, together we provide tools, support, and resources to Iowa’s entrepreneurs. We counsel both new and existing local businesses, from Main Street to industry leaders. We’re growing Iowa’s entrepreneurial culture through grade school initiatives, college and community programs, and business training and development. Contact the NIACC Pappajohn Center at 641-422-4111 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #