This list will help guide you through the enrollment process and help you keep track of what you need to complete to become a student at NIACC.
- Complete your FREE Application for Admission (If you haven’t already done so)
- Note: Students applying for the Associate Degree Nursing, Practical Nursing, LPN to ADN, and Physical Therapist Assistant need to review the catalog for specific program requirements.
- Apply for Financial Assistance and Scholarships
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) – March 1 Priority Deadline.
- For assistance with filing the FAFSA, schedule an appointment with Cindy Lind, Financial Management Advisor.
- Cindy Lind – email@example.com, 641-422-4417
- NIACC’s College Code for the FAFSA is 001877
- NIACC Foundation Scholarship Application – March 1 Priority Deadline but the application is open until August.
- Take either the ACT, SAT Accuplacer or Compass Assessment test
- NIACC requires an assessment of your reading, writing and math skills prior to enrolling in classes. Please send your scores to the NIACC Admissions office.
- NIACC does not have a minimum score requirement to enroll, however we do have scholarships for students who score in a particular range:
|23-27 = $500 President’s Scholarship||1070-1220 = $500 President’s Scholarship|
|28-30 = $1000 President’s Scholarship||1260-1340 = $1000 President’s Scholarship|
|31-36 = $1500 President’s Scholarship||1380-1600 = $1500 President’s Scholarship|
- Assessment Scores are valid for three years.
- Submit Official Transcripts
- Submit your official high school transcript or HSED/GED scores to the Admissions Office.
- Forward your official college transcripts to NIACC if you have earned credits at another college.
- Schedule a Registration Appointment
- You will meet one-on-one with an Academic Counselor who will help you select courses for the semester.
- Prior to meeting with a counselor, all transcripts and test scores (ACT or Compass) need to have been received. You will also need to complete the Advising Worksheet before your appointment.
- Login to MyNIACC prior to the start of the semester
- MyNIACC is your “One Stop Shop!” Use it to access your student email, class schedule and information, check your grades, and so much more.
- How to Login to your MyNIACC
- Pay your Bill
- To pay your bill, you will login to MyNIACC account and click on “Pay my Bill” on the left hand side. You can also access any of your Financial Aid information via the portal.
- Buy your Textbooks – NIACC BookZone
- The BookZone offers new books, used books, and rental books. They also offer textbook buyback 5 times throughout the year.
NIACC Admissions – 500 College Drive, Mason City, IA 50401 – 641-422-4245 (phone) – 641-422-4385 (fax)