Lifelong Learning Institute
What is The Lifelong Learning Institute?
NIACC offers you the opportunity to become a member of the Lifelong Learning Institute, a community of adults who learn for the joy of learning without grades, tests, papers, or long-term classes. The Lifelong Learning Institute has members of all educational backgrounds and provides the perfect way to expand knowledge while meeting other like-minded adults. Learn something you never had the chance to study. Discuss topics that are interesting to you. Take a class that stretches your mind and teaches you new ways of thinking.
The Lifelong Learning Institute is a membership organization for learning. Members join with their initial registration fee of $59 per semester, providing a member with one semester of classes. Once a person has joined LLI, they are considered a member of the Institute and are eligible for special benefits.
- Student I.D.
- Library orientation and use
- Passes to athletic events
- Performing Arts Previews/Post views, when available
- Continuing Education computer classes at half price, when available
- One semester of classes
- Use of the NIACC recreation center with active class registration
Becoming a Member and Registering Options:
- Call 641-422-4358 to become a member and/or register.
- Fill out the membership page at the back of the catalog, select the classes that you would like to attend send your application and membership fee to: NIACC Lifelong Learning Institute, 500 College Drive, Mason City, Iowa 50401
- You may also fax your registration to (641) 422-4112 as another option.
- Online registration is available at augusoft.net
Lifelong Learning Catalog and Class Offerings
Call 641-422-4358 to request a catalog of classes for the semester or check out the class offerings online.
Fall 2022 Brochure corrections:
- Daniel Parks class on page 11 titled “True Crimes: The Salem Witch Trials” will be held on Fridays, NOT Thursdays.
- Beth Ann Schumacher’s class on page 12 titled “The Power of a Photo: Photography During the American Civil War” shows the wrong instructor photo.
- Bob Sherman’s class on page 13 titled Silents: Film History is scheduled for Wednesday, November 9th.
- Jim Collison’s class on page 10 should be titled “Treat Yourself to Good Health: Meditation Made Easy.”
Dyan Childress, LLI Director
For questions, or to register for classes, call 641-422-4358.