The Student Learning Center provides a place for individual students or groups to study with resources close at hand. Students may drop in for help or make an appointment with an instructor or peer tutor for assistance in most subject areas. We can help you learn how to learn with study strategies, test taking tips, and note taking systems.
Tutoring is now available to student online. Choose from any of the scheduled online sessions from our tutors.
Go to Online Tutoring
Students can make an appointment for individual/group tutoring for a variety of subjects. Within the choices available, students can select the time they would like tutoring and the tutor with whom they would like to work. For a listing of tutors available and the subjects, dates, and times they teach you may click on the links provided.
Tutors are available for a variety of subjects at various times throughout each week. No appointment is necessary, but students with an appointment receive preference.
To make an appointment or obtain more information on our services please call 641.422.4266 or 1.888.GO NIACC, ext 4266, firstname.lastname@example.org
Study Resource Services
We provide solutions manuals and study guides that can assist in improving your study skills and help you focus attention on subject areas that need improvement.
There are many qualified professionals available to assist you in accomplishing your ACADEMIC GOALS!
Study Tips Websites
- Study Skills (information and videos)
How to Study More Effectively
This video series was created to help college students learn how to make their learning more effective. This is an excellent resource if you want to improve your approach to studying. (Created by Dr. Stephen Chew of Samford University)
- Introduction: Developing a Mindset for Successful Learning
- Part 1: Beliefs that Make You Fail … or Succeed
- Part 2: What Students Should Know About How People Learn
- Part 3: Cognitive Principle for Optimizing Learning
- Part 4: Putting Principles for Learning into Practice
- Part 5: I Blew the Exam, Now What?
Note Taking Skills
Reading a Textbook
Test Taking Help
- Test Taking Strategies 1
- Test Taking Strategies 2
- Test Taking Strategies 3
- Test Taking Strategies (video)
Dealing with Test Anxiety
- Taking Control of Your Stress
- Managing Stress
- Seven Ways to Help You De-stress
- Ways to Cope with the Stress of Finals