Become a SI/Guided Study Leader
10-12 hours per week, arranged by semester, This is a paid position
Purpose of job
To assist students in academic achievement by working closely with faculty, attending classes and holding small study groups to review and reinforce course content.
- Conduct 1 hour guided study session twice a week.
- Integrate study strategy techniques with course content
- Keep regular and accurate records of SI/Guided Study sessions, using the related forms.
- Complete and submit all paperwork, including a SI/Guided Study Planning Sheet for each session.
- Attend class for which you are tutoring or have successfully taken and pass the class.
- Function as a model student for the guided study session.
- Make contact with the instructor at least once prior to the semester and at least bi-weekly during the semester to obtain any necessary course materials or information.
- Attend training and education sessions as required by the SI/Guided Study coordinator.
- Assist with additional duties as needed.
Qualifications: Must have taken the class that is conducting SI/Guided Study sessions for.
- Completion of the particular course for which tutoring is being performed, earning at least a “B”
- 3.0 or higher GPA and good academic standing
- Recommendation from an instructor for the course
- Good interpersonal communication skills and ease in relating to people from a variety of educational, cultural and social backgrounds
- Evidence of excellence in responsibility, reliability and punctuality
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Appropriate and professional behavior at all times
SI/Guided Study Coordinator: Dr. Dalila Sajadian
Location: Beem Center