Applying for financial aid is a simple process that can help ease the pressure of paying for college. In order for NIACC to determine any financial aid you may qualify for you must complete the following items located on the checklist below. Once you have completed each item on the checklist NIACC will be able to calculate your qualifying aid to help you pay for your academic journey.
Financial Aid Checklist
- Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) located at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The FAFSA for every academic year you are enrolled in school becomes available on October 1. Once the application has been submitted any school you listed will receive your information and be in contact with you. NIACC’s school code is 001877.
- Once your FAFSA has been filed, it is important that you also complete the NIACC Foundation Scholarship Application. Completing this application before the March 1st priority date will insure you are considered for any scholarships you may be qualified for to help pay for your education.
- Once the FAFSA has been received by NIACC, additional information may be requested. If you receive a request for additional information, please review the letter and send any documents requested to the NIACC Financial Aid Office.
- After NIACC has determined your financial aid, information will be sent showing what types of aid you qualify for in the academic school year. Once you received the letter, please review and accept/decline any aid you would like to use to help pay for your education and return the award letter back to the NIACC Financial Aid Office.
- If you have never borrowed a student loan before you will need to complete your Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory note. These items must be completed in order to receive any type of student loans. Both items can be found at studentloans.gov and a step-by-step video guide can be found on NIACC’s Financial Aid webpage.
As always, if you have any questions, concerns, or problems that occur, please contact the NIACC Financial Aid Office at 641-422-4168.