Future Ready Iowa Last Dollar Scholarship
The Future Ready Iowa Last-Dollar Scholarship is an award that covers the remaining tuition and institution-wide mandatory fees after non-repayable state and federal financial aid are applied. The Last-Dollar Scholarship focuses on increasing opportunities for more Iowans to acquire the skills to fill high-demand jobs and meet workforce needs, so it is not based on income but you must fill out a FAFSA to be eligible.
This scholarship is available for any student who wants to earn a post-secondary credential, up to an associate degree, that leads to a job designated as high-demand by the Iowa Workforce Development Board.
- Agricultural Operations Management
- Agriculture Technology
- Automotive Service Technology
- Building Trades
- Business Administration
- Business Technology Specialization
- Diesel Technology
- Heating And Air Conditioning Technology
- Industrial Mechanics & Maintenance
- Industrial Systems Technology
- Information Assurance And Security
- Information Technology Specialist
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Laboratory Technician
- Nursing, Associate Degree
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Practical Nursing
- Radiologic Technology
- Tool And Die Technology
Careers today and in the future require advanced knowledge and/or technical skills. Future Ready Iowa is a state initiative to build Iowa’s talent pipeline with a goal of 70% of Iowa’s workforce having education or training beyond high school by 2025.
Remember – to be eligible, you must fill out the FAFSA each year.
Contact NIACC’s Financial Aid office at 641-422-6496 with any questions.