Future Ready Iowa Last Dollar Scholarship
Free tuition for high demand jobs!
The Future Ready Iowa Last Dollar Scholarship pays your tuition after all other state and federal grants have been applied. The goal of the Last Dollar Scholarship is to increase opportunities for more Iowans to acquire the skills needed to fill high-demand jobs and meet workforce needs.
Complete your FAFSA as soon as possible for the best consideration for the Last-Dollar Scholarship.
Funding for the Last-Dollar Scholarship is set annually by the Iowa Legislature. New FAFSA Filing Deadline to qualify for the Iowa Last Dollar Scholarship is July 15, 2023.
This scholarship is available for any student who meets the criteria and wants to earn a post-secondary credential in one of the programs below. These programs lead to high demand jobs!
The Last Dollar Scholarship is available to:
- New High School Graduates who enroll in a qualified program of study full-time or enroll in an eligible program part-time along with an approved work-based learning program following high school graduation, apply for all other available state and federal grants and scholarships, and meet ongoing requirements.
- Adult Learners (age 20 and older) who enroll in a qualified program of study full-time or part-time, apply for all other available state and federal grants and scholarships, and meet ongoing requirements.
- Students must have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) at or below $20,000 to qualify for the award during the 2023-2024 academic year.
- Agricultural Operations Management
- Agriculture Technology
- Automotive Service Technology
- Building Trades
- Business Administration
- Business Office Specialist
- Business Technology Specialization
- Criminal Justice
- Diesel Technology
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
- Heating And Air Conditioning Technology
- Industrial Mechanics & Maintenance
- Industrial Systems Technology
- Information Technology Specialist
- Medical Assistant
- Nursing, Associate Degree
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Practical Nursing
- Tool And Die Technology
Careers today and in the future require advanced knowledge and/or technical skills. Future Ready Iowa is a state initiative to build Iowa’s talent pipeline with a goal of 70% of Iowa’s workforce having education or training beyond high school by 2025.
Remember – to be eligible, you must fill out the FAFSA each year.
Contact NIACC’s Financial Aid office at 641-422-4168 with any questions.
Eligible programs are subject to change without notice, based on the Iowa Legislature. This is a first-come, first-served scholarship and will end when the allocated State funds have been exhausted.