A career assessment helps you gain an understanding of your interests, values, strengths, preferences and personality type. Completing an assessment can provide you with:
- Increased self-knowledge
- Clarifying your interests
- An opportunity to explore multiple careers
- Choosing a major or career path
- Assist you with changing careers
In addition to the free personal assessment below; you are welcome to contact your local IowaWORKS office about no cost interest and skills assessments.
Free Personal Assessment and Occupation Matching with MyPlan.com
MyPlan.com is a free web-based career planning resource that allows you to take assessments of your skills, interests, personality and work values, and then see how those patterns of characteristics match with hundreds of different occupations. This resource is ONLY available for current NIACC students. To get your required license code and instructions, please contact our office by calling 641-422-4292 or emailing email@example.com
MyPlan.com will allow you to learn something about yourself, explore your options. Get started on your plan today!
- Create your account by clicking on the “Create Free Account” located at www.niacc.myplan.com
- Enter the required account information click submit.
- On the second page of registration, enter the license code, provided by the Career & Internship Center and click submit.
- Ensure you take all FOUR assessments.
- To guarantee FREE lifetime access to the program, keep your license code and password handy.
Recommended additional inventory: My Next Move