NIACC Career Connections
Welcome to NIACC Career Connections
NIACC Career Connections is a member of the Iowa Intermediary Network. Our program connects students, educators, and businesses through relevant, work-based learning activities that foster deeper knowledge and understanding of careers and career pathways. This is accomplished through job shadows, worksite tours, student internships, educator externships, and other strategic activities. Activities focus on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics), critical infrastructure, commercial and residential construction, advanced manufacturing, bioscience, and information technology careers. However, all sixteen career clusters can be explored.
What is NIACC Career Connections?
NIACC Career Connections is part of a statewide work-based learning intermediary network. It connects students, educators, and business through relevant, work-based learning activities that foster deeper knowledge and understanding of career clusters, careers and career pathways.
This is accomplished through job shadows, worksite tours, student internships, educator externships, and other work-based activities. Career exploration activities encompass all sixteen career clusters.
Benefits to Students
- Learn about desired employability skills
- Develop relationships with employers
- Discover good paying careers in North Central Iowa
- Make well informed post-secondary educational and career decisions
Benefits to Educators
- Opportunity for hands-on learning
- Tour worksite businesses and industries in north central Iowa
- Enhance understanding of business and industry
- Network opportunities with other students and educators
Benefits to Businesses
- Make connections count
- Showcase and promote business
- Educate future workforce on career opportunities
- Discuss desired employability skills