Adult Education & literacy provides adults 17 and older accessible, quality instruction that develops life, work, and literacy skills. These skills provide the opportunity for higher learning, better pay and job potential, and a sense of accomplishment. Programs include Adult Basic Education (ABE), English Language Learners (ELL), High School Equivalency Diploma (HSED), and i-Pathways.
Adult Education & Literacy helps eligible adults:
- Change their lives
- Learn to read and communicate
- Complete secondary school education
- Improve their reading, writing, math and problem-solving skills
- Get the basic skills needed to be productive employees, family members, and citizens
Adult Education & Literacy students:
- Are 17 years of age or older
- Need and want to improve their basic skills
- Desire to improve their English language skills
- Are taking the first step to being more successful
- Desire or need training to gain or keep meaningful employment
The Dollar General Literacy Foundation has a long history of supporting literacy efforts and assisting undereducated adults, their families, and their communities. NIACC has been the recipient of two grants to help toward this endeavor.